Fri, 08/08/2014 - 19:44
The highlights of the Alpengirl 5-day Main Salmon Whitewater Raft trip in Idaho...
- Warm and sunny weather allowed for daily swimming in warm water with almost all nights sleeping out under the stars next to the river.
- Talent show on the river won by Jenani and Ann - singing a song from Wicked.
- Seeing many bald eagles and also seeing big horn sheep with babies from the river.
- Kate paddled nearly the entire river in a ducky - you go girl!
- Bocci ball, lots of singing, relay races on the beach.
- Exploring a few abandonded historical cabins on small side hikes from the river.
- Pictographs and a hot spring to soak in during raft trip.
- Lucy's b-day was a happy celebration with a yellow cake with chocolate and strawberries made in a dutch oven - yum!
- No sunburns, no medical issues at all
- Girls get along well as a group
- Almost all skill beads are completed already - there is some fire making tonight as well as shelter building after a hot spring soak in a pool in the middle of the wilderness.
- Today (Friday) soaking at hot spring pool in the wilderness and fire making and shelter building
- Tomorrow (Saturday) Stand Up Paddleboarding (SUP) followed by shopping, calls home to parents, awards celebration and pizza party and final hot spring soak at a different hot spring.
- Sunday girls depart camp for home "see you next summer!"
Final blog... this is our final blog from camp this summer, all has been great during this Idaho Whitewater Raft Session, girls are happy and healthy and enjoyed many great friendships and adventures together.